An ancient fishing village and a famous seaside resort, famous for rocks (formed following the extraordinary erosive work of the sea), but similar to those of Capri, characterized by a strong rocky vegetation and prickly pear trees that cover their tops and on which nest gulls and black shrill taccole.
Scopello would rise on the site of the mythical city of Cetaria, so called because of the abundance of tuna.
The Arabs, destroyed the city of Cetaria restored the trap and called the site "Iscubul Iakut".
In 1220 Frederick II granted a fief to Martorana church in Palermo as compensation for the silver and gold that he had taken to support the expenses of war.
Following the same Federico II he donated to a Piacentini colony conducted by Oddone, and emigrated from Lombardy.
They abandoned it because it was too narrow territory and often attacked by pirates; consequently Frederick II rivolle back.
Frederick III of Aragon gave it to the IR Cantore Palatine Basilica of St. Peter, until he came into the hands of the Prince of Package, Giacomo Fardella. In 1767, following the expulsion of the Jesuits, the part that they possessed passed to the State, which in turn sold it in 1871 to Mr.. Florio and associates.